Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Big Move

Well, after a long time of not being on here I’ve decided I’m back! I have made the move to blogspot as well. Alright so I’m no longer in the true flatlands of Canada a.k.a Saskatchewan, I’ve made the jump over Alberta and now am residing in Williams Lake, British Columbia.
So I graduated in May from Broadcasting College, then I moved back to Calgary for the Summer worked at the radio station there and then got an offer for a great job! I’m the new News and Sports Reporter for this little city of 12,000 people! I actually am working for 2 radio stations and they are heard through the Cariboo ( I know they misspelled it! )

Life is great I couldn’t be happier, well actually I could, I do miss my family and my friends. Everyone up here has been incredible they have taken me in and I’ve met so many new people! I’ll have people coming up to me saying “Hey I heard you on the radio today you sound so good” . I love hearin that as it gives me a sense of “Hey I think I’m in the right business”.
Everyone can tell when I do news reports that my passion is sports! They say my voice changes! Ha-ha I think it’s great to have something to be passionate about though, it keeps ya motivated.
Alright so here we go on sports, we have a lot to cover here!
Exhibit A
MLB Post-season
Stoked that my Yanks made it. Not so stoked that they were taken out by the Rangers. One thing I am truly disappointed in though is the Yankee fans who taunted Cliff Lee’s wife at Yankee stadium. The Yankee Faithful have been known to be a class act, never wearing shirts calling down the other team (as so many other organizations do). Now in the off-season the Yanks are looking to sign Lee, he’s holding off… I wonder why. My other worry here is my all-time favourite athlete, Derek Jeter, he is a free agent this year and he’s asking for an extension longer than they are willing to give and 150-million dollar six year contract. The man has an overall batting average of .314 , he’s the leading Yankee in hits , 5 time world series champion, 11 time all-star appearance player . He started his career in pinstripes and should finish it in them. Enough said.

Exhibit B
Calgary Flames Season
Holy Heck where do I start… Darryl Sutter resigning Olli Jokinen and Alex Tanguay,? Or putting Nigel Dawes on waivers… How about picking up Steve Staios near the end of last season? The Sutter’s have gotten themselves into quite the pickle. It’s time to rebuild, stop signing old balls players and regroup start with the young bucks. There was a time back in 1996 the trade to Dallas with Nieuwendyk gone and some young prospect came to Calgary, a winger who never played an NHL game, his name? Jarome Iginla. Personally I think the letting go of the Sutter’s could be the best thing for the Flames… well one of them at least or put Darryl back behind the bench that’s where he was most successful! They are ranked 24th in the league right now,Looks like a draft pick is in the works. On a happier note Rene Borque scored the SO winner today in Philly! It’s a start!

Anyways Happy American Thanksgiving.
Have a good weekend!
If you read you best be commenting!
Here are some Ideas
Whats the one thing in the world that your passionate about, something that keeps you motivated?
As you know mine is sports!
Anything sports related share your opinions!!! I love a good opinon!

xx Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment