Monday, June 6, 2011

keep at it

Well its finally summer... about time... I haven't even blogged in so long... I have a new list to things to do everyday and number one on the list is BLOG.BLOG.BLOG! So life has been pretty crazy lately... my job and just life in general! I feel like I've lost myself sort of...

For starters I fell out of love with my job/career... it's been tough its my first real job in my career choice and my office has no windows and the building smells like old people.. I'm the youngest announcer at this station... the next youngest is 39... he was in high school when I was born... so it's been tough to relate with people. However I'm working at loving it again! Our News Director has been great!He's been getting me motivated and been so positive I'm slowly finding the love for it again! Back into the swing of things! I need to keep my eyes on my goal and get there! I need to get a demo together and then get the hell outta dodge as Tilly would put it!

I love my life in the city I live in though it's absolutely beautiful... I was stuck in getting involved with the wrong people here.. just dishonest conniving manipulating people... they were just a negative impact on my life.. I am working on finding myself again and surrounding myself with positive uplifting people. I'm learning to stop sweating the small stuff and do whats good for me.. life only comes around once you only get one shot at it so there is no point in living it the way you don't want to. I have to keep myself motivated and keep living. I have to stop letting other people dictate how my day will go... I have to wake up happy and keep it that way... the only person in the world who can make you unhappy is yourself... you can let small stuff bother you but really every moment in life you spend unhappy you'll never get again so whats the point in wasting a moment being unhappy. There's always something to do whether its Kayaking ... Fishing... Going for a Run... Mountain Bike... or just hanging out! Always something!!

Another point in my To-Do list is do something active everyday. One sweat session is key! I've lost 16 pounds since I've moved and I want to be down 10 more. I need to be healthy.. I was home this weekend and saw my Ma and Sister and how healthy their lifestyles are and they look great I feel inadequate...I haven't been living a healthy life.. I've been drinking and partying.. barely eating fruits and veggies.. it's terrible. It's a Monday sooo goal setting is starting at the beginning of the week and will continue until I am 100% happy.

Tonight I am going for a kayak on the lake with my wingman.. I can honestly say he is one of my best friends here and is always so positive.. he doesnt get mad about anything it's ridiculous I am striving to be positive and have a blast all the time.. it's getting better.. him and I are going to be room mates at the end of this month...

That's another thing I am on the move once again ... We are hoping to get this place just outside of town.. I can not live in the place I am anymore.. the girls I am living with are terrible ... My bff Vicky describes them perfectly "skids" that's all they are and really I dont need them in my life.. I swear there is something in the water here that makes the females NUTS! I feel like I'm on episodes of Y&R when I even have a conversation with them! I can't wait to move I'm starting to organize my stuff for the move.. so I'm not scrambling come months end! I am so excited to move the place is perfect I need to find out if we get it ASAP! It would be something so positive and I'd have my own space. Gah I'm just smiling thinking about it!
My boyfriend is not too stoked about this move I don't think but he is friends with Wingman so he'll get over it!


I need to make positive changes and I will! Working out is helping a lot too! I have so much more energy and look good feel good right? Right!

Anyways daily blogs k maybe every other day will be a start! I cant wait to vent!

I'll have the kayak update with pictures tomorrow

xx Ruby

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good - can we hold you to this??

    Can't wait to see the pics from Kayaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I hope you can!
    It just feels relieving!
    I wanna keep at it... read PW this morning got inspired... I need a new memory card for my camera.. the one I am using doesnt work I dont know why... horsepoop for sure! Yaking pics will be from my phone! the lake looks beautiful already today as I'm stuck in my dingy office... anywho Till I'm expecting more from you too! Keep on truckin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on being positive Spark Plug :)

    ReplyDelete